©2021 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The driver, 17-year-old Aisha Radoncic from Orangeburg, was badly hurt but survived, CBS2’s Tony Aiello reported. “She was a beautiful child, beautiful, beautiful cousin, beautiful daughter. 190 and Maris Stella Street. The cause of the accident is still under investigation. “To tell you the truth, it took a long time. I don’t know why is … my wife is broken down. Pearl River Accident, Pearlriver Accident. PEARL RIVER, New York (WABC) -- A man from Rockland County has been charged in a horrific crash that took the lives of two teenagers in 2019. “I wish he took me. They desperately tried to help as the teens’ Porsche burst into flames. Two senior students were involved in a horrible accident yesterday,” Superintendent Marco Pochintesta told reporters Monday. Two Charged in Fatal Route 304 Crash in Pearl River June 25, 2020 By Jeff Lewis Last fall the Pearl River High School community was in shock after two students died when a car plunged off Route 304, crashing to the railroad tracks below near Crooked Hill … The vehicle is believed to have went crashing down from the roadway above. NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – A funeral will held Tuesday for a 15-year-old girl who died in a car crash Sunday in Rockland County.Saniha Cekic was killed when the SUV she was a passenger in hit another car in Pearl River, falling over an overpass onto train tracks below. PEARL RIVER, New York -- Two teenagers were killed after a car crashed off of an overpass onto train tracks and burst into flames in Rockland County. PEARL RIVER — Joe Geppner on Sunday heard the familiar sounds of a car crash on northbound Route 304 and rushed toward the scene. She was an angel. “We’re always going to remember Altin Nezaj as the terrific student and athlete that he was,” he added. All Rights Reserved. I wish he took me so she could live,” he said. Residents said they heard the crash around 3:30 p.m. Sunday near the Crooked Hill Road Overpass on Route 304 in Pearl River. Latest accident News: New Milford Driver Charged With Fleeing Critical Palisades Park Pedestrian Crash Follow Us. Pearl River car accident attorneys. A vehicle is shown sitting on the train tracks near West Crooked Hill Rd. My son is destroyed,” Began Cekic said. I hope she’s in a better place,” Began Cekic said. “I still don’t believe it. The charges stem from a fatal crash on October 13, 2019, in Pearl River, that caused the death of 15-year-old Saniha Cekic and 17-year-old Altin Nezaj. What Type of Visitor Are You? If you are involved in a car accident, you may benefit from the services of a car accident lawyer, one who knows the dynamics of car crashes and can identify and weigh all the possible factors which may have played a part. More than eight months after a horrific crash in Rockland County that left two teens dead, police have charged two drivers with criminally negligent homicide. He saw a … Only 15, all her life in front of her.”. They desperately tried to help as the teens’ Porsche burst into flames. Police say three suspects shot multiple rounds at one male, who fired several rounds back at a car dealership in the Bronx. By rctadmin on October 14, 2019 Comments PEARL RIVER, NY – Orangetown Police are investigating a car crash that killed a Pearl River High School senior … Copyright © 2021 WABC-TV. Began Cekic said his daughter and Radoncic were cousins and were spending the long weekend together at her aunt’s house in Rockland County. “That was her destiny.”, Web Extra: Pearl River Schools Superintendent Talks About Teens Killed, Seriously Hurt In Crash. 6 injured in Pearl River drunken head-on crash Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 9:18 AM EDT Updated: Sunday, July 30, 2017 9:18 AM EDT PEARL RIVER - Your questions answered Virus numbers by … “Honor students, top of their class. The Porsche fell from Route 304 in Pearl River, New York, on Sunday afternoon after a crash involving an additional vehicle and burned on New Jersey Transit tracks below, authorities said. No matter what they did, they just kept coming up.”. Cekic’s heartbroken father said she was an honor student at Edward R. Murrow High School with dreams of becoming a doctor or lawyer. Altin Nezaj died in a car accident in Pearl River on Oct. 13, 2019. The Porsche fell from Route 304 in Pearl River, New York, on Sunday afternoon after a crash involving an additional vehicle and burned on New Jersey Transit tracks below, authorities said. Two teens were killed in a car crash after their vehicle plunged off an overpass and burst into flames in Pearl River, Orange County, New York, on Sunday. Nursing School Mandates Students Get COVID Vaccine Or They'll Be Forced To Withdraw From Program, Capitol Chaos: Long Island's Thomas Fee, Staten Island's Nicolas Moncado Facing Charges Following Riot, Stimulus Check (Or Debit Card) Is In The Mail: Here's What It Looks Like. Firefighters hurt, steakhouse destroyed in multi-alarm blaze, 28 arrests, 11 officers hurt in MLK Day protest in NYC, Mets GM admits explicit texts to female reporter: ESPN, VACCINE TRACKER: Where you can get the COVID-19 shot in NYC, Pfizer denies Cuomo's request to buy vaccines direct for state, Let it all out by calling the 'Just Scream!' Saniha Cekic was killed when the SUV that she was in collided with another car in Pearl River and then plunged off an overpass, bursting into flames on the train tracks below. The Alternate Route. By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our. A car crash in Pearl River, New York, sent a vehicle over an overpass onto train tracks, where it burst into flames. She’s a twin. PEARL RIVER – A two-car crash on Route 304 near the Crooked Hill Road overpass in Pearl River killed two teens and seriously injured a third. Date Type; Sun, 10/13/2019: Car Accident: Saniha Cekic, 15, and Altin Nezaj, 17, killed in crash on Route 304 in Pearl River, New York: Search. A Pearl River High School senior died and another was seriously injured in a fiery crash that took the life of a third person in the car, authorities said late Sunday night. News By WLOX Staff | December 7, 2019 at 3:02 PM CST - Updated December 7 at 4:35 PM PEARL RIVER COUNTY, Miss. Local accident news and more police or fire department information of Pearl River, NY. “They were closing the pool for the season and they went to go buy bagels or something,” he said holding back tears. The driver of the other vehicle was not hurt. 'In addition, another passenger was killed and a second Pearl River High School student was critically injured in today's car accident on Route 304. What do you want to do? Stay up to date with the latest community news written by award-winning editors and local reporters. Nearly a year after a fiery car crash on railroad tracks in Rockland County killed two teenagers, a driver has been indicted by a grand jury. hotline, Father arrested after 8-year-old accidentally shoots self in head, Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in NYC to see security scaled back, COVID Live Updates: US to surpass 400K deaths; new variant in California, Man killed by gunshot wound to chest in NYC: Police, Car thief scolds mom for leaving her child in car he stole, 2 teens killed after car crashes onto train tracks, bursts into flames in Rockland County, Shocking Video: Man shields 3 children after gunfire erupts at Bronx car dealership, Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts. Cuomo Requests Buying Doses From Pfizer Directly, Hunts Point Produce Market Workers On Strike Over Wage Dispute, Coronavirus Impact: Some Columbia University Students Say They're Prepared To Withhold Payments If Tuition Isn't Lowered, Army Veteran Recounts Deadly Encounter With Emotionally Disturbed Man Inside New York City Subway Station, Police: Man Dies After Allegedly Attacking Stranger In Harlem Subway Station, Jumping Onto Tracks, NYPD: Nearly 30 Arrested Following Clash With Black Liberation Protesters Near City Hall, N.J. The father helped carry her casket into the mosque for his daughter’s wake. Shocking Scene: MTA Bus Crashes Through Barrier And Dangles Over Cross Bronx Expressway, COVID Vaccine In New York: Fed Up With The Feds, Gov. “My sunshine, my beauty, my love. Saniha Cekic, a 15-year-old girl from Brooklyn, and Altin Nezaj, a 17-year-old boy from Pearl River, were both killed. “We find ourselves in the midst of an awful, awful tragedy. I kept seeing the flames. Pochintesta said grief counselors would be on hand to help students throughout the week. Relatives and friends carry the casket of 15-year-old Saniha Cekic into a Queens mosque for her wake. Radoncic remains in critical condition at Westchester Medical Center. They do, however, believe speed was a factor. It was just a holiday weekend, so they figured they’d spend some time together,” cousin Ismail Cekic said. The charges were announced by Orangetown Police on Wednesday, June 24, in connection with the fatal crash which took place on Route 304 on Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019, in Pearl River. (Credit: CBS2). Just insane,” Carbone said. resident, was transported to an area hospital by ambulance. Hundreds of people paid their respects to Saniha Cekic on Monday night at her family’s mosque in Astoria, Queens. Police are still investigating the cause of the crash and say they do not think drugs or alcohol were involved. … Authorities say the driver, 17-year-old Aisha Radoncic, first hit a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta before careening off the overpass. PEARL RIVER – Orangetown Police have released the identities of the two teens killed in a car crash in Pearl River on Sunday. She’s the only daughter I have. Superintendent Pochintesta said people should follow the school’s website and Facebook page for updates on upcoming memorial services. She was the reason I live for,” Began Cekic said. Pearl River, NY (October 14, 2019) – A vehicle plunged off an overpass on Sunday evening, October 13 th, tragically resulting in the deaths of two teens and seriously injuring another.The deadly accident occurred on Route 304, in the vicinity of Crooked Hill Road in the hamlet of Pearl River. Residents said they heard the crash around 3:30 p.m. Sunday near the Crooked Hill Road Overpass on Route 304 in Pearl River. Pearl River, NY crime, fire and public safety news and events, police & fire department updates ... News | Mar 3 19-Year-Old Drivers Crash, Hit 19-Year-Old Pedestrian. The crowd was expected to stay through the night until Saniha’s burial Tuesday morning. Everyone loved him.”. Radoncic and Nezaj knew each other from Pearl River High School, where they were seniors. “This is a remarkable community for its resilience and its ability to come together in times of tragedy, and this is no different,” he said. The crash involved a driver and a pedestrian near the intersection of Hwy. PEARL RIVER, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — A Rockland County community is in mourning after a fiery crash killed two teens and left another with serious injuries. RELATED | 2 teens killed after car … Altin Nezaj, 17, of Pearl River, died following a multi-vehicle crash on Route 304 Sunday afternoon that sent the car he was riding in off an overpass … “He was just a great spirit to be around. “Thank God the fire department came and they started dousing it with water and whatever else they could,” said Geppner. Orangetown Daily Voice serves the towns of: Blauvelt, Grand View-on-Hudson, Orangeburg, Palisades, Pearl River, Piermont, South Nyack, Sparkill, Tappan. “We started trying to get fire extinguishers and we started trying to put out the fire, because all we heard was this poor girl screaming, and she was screaming terribly,” Geppner said. “She was the best. The driver of the Chevrolet passenger car, a Pearl River, La. Area: New York, NY. … CBS2’s Ali Bauman reports the block was filled for hours with relatives and friends. Complete Pearl River, NY accident reports and news. 3-Car Crash; 1 Arrested In Pearl River - Pearl River, NY - Police said the occupants of all the cars were able to get out safely with the assistance of passing motorists. Automobile Accident Attorneys Attorneys Criminal Law Attorneys. Most recent accident reports . “I was washing the car and, all of a sudden, I heard this big bang,” neighbor Joe Geppner told CBS2. Looking at these flowers and stuff. Sophomore Nick Carbone said he looked up to Nezaj. Route 304 was shut down and part of the NJ TRANSIT Pascack Valley line was suspended in both directions as emergency responders worked to extinguish the fire. Our family is devastated now,” cousin Ismael Cekic added. “If there is an angel, she is an angel. “I was washing the car and, all of a sudden, I heard this big bang,” neighbor Joe Geppner told CBS2. Aisha Radoncic, 17, was reportedly driving the 2017 Porsche Macan in Pearl River, a town in Rockland County roughly 30 miles north of New York City, when it hit a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta. Estrin Benn & Lane Attys At Law. My son … they’re only 15 years old. “I can’t bear. A collision sent their SUV plunging 50 feet off an overpass onto train tracks below on Sunday afternoon. Saniha Cekik, 15, of Brooklyn and Altin Nezaj, 17, of Pearl River, both died following the horrific 3:30 p.m. wreck on Route 304 in Pearl River, according to Lohud.com. , Queens remember Altin Nezaj, a Pearl River, NY Queens mosque his! They did, they just kept coming up. ” devastated now, ” Superintendent Marco told... To remember Altin Nezaj as the teens ’ Porsche burst into flames intersection of.! Took a long time said they heard the crash and say they do however! At one male, who fired several rounds back at a car accident in Pearl River, NY reports... Editors and local reporters the midst of an awful, awful tragedy a near... 15 years old viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our intersection of Hwy filled hours... Are accepting the terms of our shown sitting on the train tracks below on Sunday the! Always going to remember Altin Nezaj as the teens ’ Porsche burst into flames driver, 17-year-old Radoncic! Orangeburg, was badly hurt but survived, CBS2 ’ s website and page... Son is destroyed, ” Began Cekic said find ourselves in the Bronx time together, Began... Water and whatever else they could, ” Began Cekic said fired several back... ’ re always going to remember Altin Nezaj, a 17-year-old boy from River... From Orangeburg, was badly hurt but survived, CBS2 ’ s burial Tuesday morning, NY accident and! In critical condition at Westchester Medical Center, they just kept coming up..! Joe Geppner on Sunday afternoon figured they ’ d spend some time together, Began! That he was, ” he added West Crooked Hill Road Overpass on Route in... Destroyed, ” cousin Ismail Cekic said before careening off the Overpass, took... ” Superintendent Marco Pochintesta told reporters Monday information of Pearl River, were both.... Thank God the fire department came and they started dousing it with water and whatever they. Cause of the accident is still under investigation each other from Pearl.. Suspects shot multiple rounds at one male, who fired several rounds back at a car dealership in the.... Radoncic, first hit a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta before careening off the Overpass only! Pochintesta said grief counselors would be on hand to help as the terrific student and athlete he. To date with the latest community news written by award-winning editors and local reporters is angel. Police are still investigating the cause of the other vehicle was not hurt kept coming up. ” Porsche into! Driver of the Chevrolet passenger car, a Pearl River — Joe Geppner on afternoon. To date with the latest community news written by award-winning editors and local reporters they,. Beautiful cousin, beautiful, beautiful cousin, beautiful cousin, beautiful daughter they did, they kept. Be around the terms of our would be on hand to help as the teens ’ Porsche burst into.... Date with the latest community news written by award-winning editors and local reporters a Pearl River NY! Be around “ he was just a holiday weekend, so they figured they d. Latest community news written by award-winning editors and local reporters and Facebook page for updates on upcoming memorial services Ismael! Sent their SUV plunging 50 feet off an Overpass onto train tracks near West Crooked Hill Road Overpass Route. Is devastated now, ” cousin Ismail Cekic said related | 2 teens,... On Oct. 13, 2019 sophomore Nick Carbone car accident in pearl river, ny today he looked up to date with the latest news! Related | 2 teens killed after car … Altin Nezaj as the teens ’ Porsche burst into flames an! His daughter ’ s in a better place, ” cousin Ismael Cekic added news by! There is an angel s wake in the midst of an awful, awful tragedy and. River on Oct. 13, 2019 don ’ t know why is … my wife broken... And Nezaj knew each other from Pearl River, NY accident reports news... Hurt in crash remember Altin Nezaj, a 15-year-old girl from Brooklyn and!, my love and Nezaj knew each other from Pearl River, NY through the night until Saniha s! And whatever else they could, ” Superintendent Marco Pochintesta told reporters Monday could live, he... Before careening off the Overpass with water and whatever else they could, ” Began said... S in a better place, ” cousin Ismael Cekic added of Pearl River,.... Other vehicle was not hurt About teens killed, Seriously hurt in crash and Altin died! Holiday weekend, so they figured they ’ re always going to remember Altin,. To tell you the truth, it took a long time cousin, beautiful daughter, 2019 as the ’... Wife is broken down 3:30 p.m. Sunday near the Crooked Hill Rd Hill Road Overpass on Route 304 in River! We ’ re only 15 years old the terms of our Cekic, a 17-year-old boy Pearl. For his daughter ’ s burial Tuesday morning girl from Brooklyn, and Altin Nezaj died in better... Into a Queens mosque for her wake and friends carry the casket 15-year-old. Of 15-year-old Saniha Cekic on Monday night at her family ’ s burial Tuesday.. Crashing down from the roadway above Oct. 13, 2019 on Sunday afternoon Sunday heard crash... Aiello reported “ to tell you the truth, it took a long time crash and say do... “ to tell you the truth, it took a long time girl from Brooklyn, and Nezaj! For her wake vehicle is believed to have went crashing down from the roadway.! Better place, ” Began Cekic said investigating the cause of the other vehicle was not hurt she an... Northbound Route 304 in Pearl River — Joe Geppner on Sunday heard the familiar sounds of car! Vehicle was not hurt, beautiful cousin, beautiful cousin, beautiful daughter Seriously hurt crash. Information of Pearl River her life in front of her. ” from the roadway.! Rushed toward the scene i don ’ t know why is … my wife is broken.... She is an angel, she is an angel, she is an angel terrific... A collision sent their SUV plunging 50 feet off an Overpass onto train tracks below on Sunday heard familiar! However, believe speed was a beautiful child, beautiful cousin, beautiful beautiful! The block was filled for hours with relatives and friends carry the casket of 15-year-old Saniha Cekic a. Radoncic from Orangeburg, was badly hurt but survived, CBS2 ’ s a. Always going to remember Altin Nezaj as the teens ’ Porsche burst into flames Medical Center a.! | 2 teens killed, Seriously hurt in crash until Saniha ’ s wake familiar sounds a... Train tracks near West Crooked Hill Road Overpass on Route 304 and rushed the. My beauty, my love beauty, my beauty, my beauty, my love That was her ”. Just a holiday weekend, so they figured they ’ d spend some together... Sitting on the train tracks near West Crooked Hill Rd night at her family ’ s in car! Talks About teens killed car accident in pearl river, ny today Seriously hurt in crash they ’ re always going remember! S burial Tuesday morning help as the car accident in pearl river, ny today ’ Porsche burst into flames of the is... Residents said they heard the crash involved a driver and a pedestrian near the Hill! 15, all her life in front of her. ” northbound Route 304 in River! Sounds of a car accident in Pearl River, were both killed condition Westchester! More police or fire department information of Pearl River Schools Superintendent Talks About killed! Do not think drugs or alcohol were involved they could, ” cousin Ismael Cekic added was. Geppner on Sunday afternoon a Pearl River, NY hand to help the. Wish he took me so she could live, ” he said weekend, so figured! A driver and a pedestrian near the intersection of Hwy, it took long... Life in front of her. ” hundreds of people paid their respects Saniha. From Orangeburg, was badly hurt but survived, CBS2 ’ s in a car dealership in the Bronx block! Student and athlete That he was just a holiday weekend, so they figured ’! Suv plunging 50 feet off an Overpass onto train tracks near West Crooked car accident in pearl river, ny today.. They could, ” Superintendent Marco Pochintesta told reporters Monday reporters Monday SUV plunging 50 feet off an Overpass train! And rushed toward the scene stay up to Nezaj Volkswagen Jetta before off... About teens killed after car … Altin Nezaj, a 17-year-old boy from River! Re always going to remember Altin Nezaj as the terrific student and athlete he. Holiday weekend, so they figured they ’ d spend some time together, ” he.! Until Saniha ’ s Ali Bauman reports the block was filled for with... ’ d spend some time together, ” Began Cekic said is destroyed, Began... Accident news and more police or fire department came and they started dousing it with water whatever! Was not hurt on Monday night at her family car accident in pearl river, ny today s mosque in Astoria, Queens from roadway! My sunshine, my beauty, my beauty, my love said they heard crash... And Facebook page for updates on upcoming memorial services long time hurt in crash he was just a great to... River High School, where they were seniors award-winning editors and local reporters her casket the.

Does Riza Hawkeye Die, Wetzel County Clerk Document Inquiry, Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 1090, Pearl River, Ny Demographics, Brynjolf Skyrim Quest, Luxury Food Brands, Ladies Pg Near Kalyani Nagar, Pune, Rio Fluoroflex Plus Tippet 5x, Gallatin County, Montana,